A lot of times, people get sex confused with intimacy. Truthfully, real love-making starts in the mind, or shall I say before couples even get to the bed room. Here are some tips to improve your sex life without actually having sex.
1. Talk on The Phone (helpful topics are “things that make you smile, the last time you were excited or surprised, and/or the greatest lost you ever had”)
2. Cook Dinner Together (instead of going out to dine, prepare by following a new recipe, shopping for it together and cooking it together. Get a bottle of wine, light some candles and talk dirty over dinner…don’t touch each other until AFTER you dine 😉)
3. Have a Book Club (just the two of you). Pick a book about relationships and have weekly discussions about how the two of you can relate.
4. Write Love Letters (texts are sweet, but nothing says “I’m into you” more than a handwritten note, left on the driver’s seat of your partner’s car or in a place you know they will find it (talk dirty if you must, but sharing your feelings is better)
5. Have Lunch During Work Hours (if your job allows, take your partner lunch or schedule to meet up for a quick bite, sit next to each other if possible, not across from one another.)
6. Give Compliments (we all like to know our partner is into us. Give them a compliment as a prelude to a kiss, “Baby, I Iike the way you’re wearing that hat, come here…”
7. Touch Each Other (soft or strong hugs, running your fingers up and down the spine, the back, or the arms, holding hands, scalp massages (my favorite), foot massages, hand massages, or holding each other while watching a movie or after a hot shower are good ways to feel close outside of sex)
Rememer, in order for anything to be effective, it must be done consistently. Once you stop engaging, be aware that it may take a while to see progress, should you chose to re-engage.
Happy Love Making
Follow me on IG @author_nya_b